- When applied to your skin, coconut oil protects it from the suns ultraviolet (UV) rays, which raise your risk of skin cancer and cause wrinkling and brown spots.
- Coconut oil blocks about 20% of the suns UV rays, however keep in mind that it doesn’t provide the same protection as conventional sun screen, which blocks about 90% of UV rays
- Coconut oil has a sun protection factor (SPF) of 7, which is still lower than the minimum recommendation in some countries.
- Apply a small quantity 15 minutes before going outside and reapply every 2 hours or every hour if you’re swimming or sweating.
- Coconut oil contains medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) . these are fatty acids that are quickly absorbed and can increase the no of calories you burn.
- One study found that 15- 30 grams of MCts increased the no of calories burned by an average of 120 over a 24-hour period.
- Coconut oil has a very high saturated fat content in fact about 87% of its fat is 42 saturated.
- Saturated fats retain data structure when heated in high temperatures Unlike the polyunsaturated fatty acids found in vegetable oils.
- Oils such as corn so flower are converted into toxic compounds when heated these may have harmful effects on health therefore coconut oil is a safer alternative for cooking at high temperatures.
- coconut oil can be a powerful weapon against bacteria including streptococcus mutants the bacteria in your mouth that causes dental plaque tooth decay and Gun disease
- Swishing with coconut oil for 10 minutes known as oil pulling reduces bacteria as effectively as rinsing with an antiseptic mouthwash
- swishing daily with coconut oil significantly reduces inflammation and plaque in teenagers and gingivitis (inflamed gums)
Coconut oil improves dermatitis and other skin disorders children with Eczema 47% of those treated with coconut oil noticed major improvements
- The mcts in coconut oil are broken down in your liver and turn into ketones which can act as an alternative energy source for your brain.
- MCTs is to have impressive benefits for brain disorders including epilepsy and Alzheimer’s
- Coconut oil makes a wonderful moisturizer for your leg’s arms and elbows
- it can also help prepare cracked heels simply apply I think cote to your heels at bedtime put on socks and continue on a a nightly basis until your heels are smooth
- virgin coconut oil has antibacterial properties that can help treat infections
- virgin coconut oil stops the growth of intestinal bacteria clostridium diffisal commonly known as C. diff which causes severe diarrhoea
- it also appears to fight yeast and effect generally attributed to lauric acid the main fatty acid in coconut oil
coconut oil may help reduce belly fat also known as visceral fat which is linked to increased health risks such as heart disease and type 2 diabetes
- coconut oil can help keep your hair healthy.
- coconut oil significantly reduced protein loss from hair when applied before or after shampooing this result occurred with damaged as well as healthy hair.
- the unique structure of lauric acid the main fatty acid in coconut oil can penetrate the hair shaft in a way that most other fats can’t
the medium chain triglycerides mcts in coconut oil may help reduce hunger leading to spontaneous decrease in calorie intake
to speed healing of minor cards or scraps apply a little bit of coconut oil directly to the wound and cover it with bandage
- Why sweat itself has no smell the bacteria living on your skin can produce undesirable odors
- coconut oils strong antibacterial properties make it a great natural Deodorant that contains no chemicals
- Coconut oil contains medium chain triglycerides fatty acids which are digested differently than the long chain triglycerides found in most foods.
- these fats go directly from your gut to your liver where they can be used as a quick source of energy that won’t raise blood sugar levels
coconut oil is a gentle and effective eye makeup remover applied with a cotton pad and wipe gently until all traces of makeup a gone
the saturated fats in coconut oil can help protect your liver from damage due to alcohol or toxin exposure
- coconut oil makes an ideal natural lip balm
- it glides on smoothly leaves your lips moist for hours and even provides some protection from the Sun
commercial salad dressings are often loaded with sugar and preservatives coconut oil makes a delicious addition two healthy homemade salad dressings
coconut oil doesn’t break down easily at high temperatures so it’s the perfect replacement for olive oil when you are using the frying pan
Swishing coconut oil around your mouth for 10 to 20 minutes before brushing your teeth can fresh and breadth it gets rid of bacteria in your mouth that causes bad breath.
Keep bugs away the natural way. Grab a cheap pray bottle and combine half a cup of coconut oil with 10 drops of tea tree oil shake and spray on the skin for a low irritant repellent.
- Add a little coconut oil to your baby’s bath water. And help soothe rashes, scrapes insect bites.
- Keeps skin soft and smooth without the the use of chemicals and irritants found in some soaps.
Apply coconut oil onto damp hair to soften crusty cradle cap. Leave for 15 mins or so, then brush out with a soft baby brush rinse with water and a mild baby shampoo to remove oil from the hair.
Ease a sore throat by gargling one tablespoon of coconut oil mixed with one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and teaspoon of warm water.
Grab a jar and add some melted coconut oil, a few drops of your favorite essential oil, then shake it all up, ask your favorite person to massage into your sore, tired back neck and shoulders.
Ditch the heavy, expensive creams and pop this on before bed each night particularly good for helping with dark circles and under eye puffiness.
Slough away the winter blues and exfoliate rough, cracked heels with a mixture of coconut oil and rock salt.
Keep a pregnant belly moisturized with a daily dose of coconut oil into the ends of your hair, twist into a loose burn and wash out the next morning.
Swish a spoonful into your coffee until melted. Adds a boost of energy to your daily caffeine fix.
For Shiny locks rub a small amount of Virgin Coconut Oil into the ends of your hair twist into a loose bun and wash out the next morning.
Swish a spoonful into your coffee until melted. Adda a boost of energy to your daily caffeine fix.